Gun lawyer NJ – New Jersey Gun Attorney – NJ Gun Charges – Attorney for gun charges in New Jersey
“Gun charges are complicated matters, and our firm knows all of the defenses that can potentially lead these charges to be dismissed.”
New Jersey Gun Charges Defense Lawyers
The Tormey Law Firm is composed of experienced criminal defense attorneys who have been representing clients throughout New Jersey for years charged with illegal gun charges. These include unlawful possession of a weapon, possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose, and even (far less seriously) illegal possession of a BB gun.
“The most important element in fighting any case is understanding what the prosecution is going to try to hold against you. We need to be aware of the case that the State will attempt to make, so that we can diffuse it when it comes to trial. This comes from experience within trial law, and years of actually fighting cases instead of routinely accepting plea bargains.”
We have current prosecutors on staff at The Tormey Law firm, which allows us to have a very clear knowledge of both sides of the law. We know what to expect, and we know how to fight against it.
When the prosecution understand that you can beat the case against them, they are far more likely to offer a great deal to get rid of potential criminal charges, and waive any chance of jail-time. Still, you need to demonstrate that their case can be defeated in order to get these results.
Feel free to call our firm, free of charge, for an initial consultation about how we can help you to fight your case.
The Tormey Law Firm Gets Results in Gun Cases
Here are some weapons cases and results Mr. Tormey has obtained recently:
- United States Marine charged with illegal weapons possession in Hudson County. Graves Act offense which requires jail time and parole ineligibility. Defendant sentenced to probation and no jail.
- United States Marine and his wife charged with illegal gun possession in Morris County. Graves Act offense which requires jail time and parole ineligibility. Defendant admitted into the Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) program which results in no criminal record when successfully completed.
- Eighteen (18) year old young man and his friend charged with illegal weapons possession when visiting Cape May on vacation from their home state of Pennsylvania. Graves Act offense which requires jail time and parole ineligibility. Defendant admitted into Pre-Trial Intervention (PTI) program which results in no criminal record when successfully completed.
Weapons Charges in New Jersey
The most common weapons charges our attorneys defend against include:
- Unlawful possession of a weapon – N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5
- Possession of a weapon for an unlawful purpose – N.J.S.A. 2C:39-4
- Unlawful disposition of a firearm – N.J.S.A 2C:39-9
- BB Guns, Airsoft guns, Paintball guns – N.J.S.A. 2C:39-5(b)
- Certain Persons Offenses – N.J.S.A. 2C:39-7
Please feel free to call us if you have any more questions.
How To Beat Gun Charges
How to beat a gun charge #1: Challenging the “consent” of a search.
How to beat a gun charge #2. Challenging motor vehicle stops and illegal searches.
How to beat a gun charge #3. Challenging Bad Warrants and Illegal Searches
How to beat a gun charge #4. Plea negotiations and reducing sentencing minimums.
How to beat a gun charge #5. Transporting a gun to the range.
Other Gun Related Pages
NJ Gun Lawyer – Why you should consider hiring an attorney for your gun charge.
NJ Gun Laws – A comprehensive breakdown of gun laws in New Jersey.
Possession of a Weapon Charge NJ – Information on general weapons possession.
Possession of a Destructive Device NJ – Laws on destructive devices in NJ.
NJ Gun Permit Attorney – If you need an attorney for gun permits.
New Jersey Gun Permits – Information about obtaining paperwork for NJ firearms.
Gun Charges NJ – What your facing after NJ gun charges and how to fight them.
Certain Persons Offenses – Info about “certain persons to not own firearms” offenses.
BB Gun Charges – BB Gun Laws in New Jersey.
First Offense Gun Charges – Information about what happens on a first offense gun charge.
Forfeiture of Weapons – Sometimes the police will take your guns after a domestic dispute.
Gun Case Victories #1 – One of the gun cases that we won in NJ.
Gun Charges In NJ – A video on gun charges in NJ.
Gun Permit Attorney – A video on hiring an attorney to help you obtain gun permits.
Firearm and Weapon Charges NJ – An overview of how our firm handles gun charges