TJT The Tormey Law Firm Criminal Defense Attorneys

Client Reviews

Fighting Disorderly Conduct

Is there any way that I can get out of a disorderly conduct charge?

Fight Disorderly Conduct Charge 2C:33-2(a) in Morristown, Hoboken, East Rutherford NJ

“Scroll Down to see the defense strategies for your case, including our Top 5 Ways that you can beat any criminal charge in New Jersey.”

There are a number of things that an attorney can do for you in a disorderly conduct case that you probably won’t be able to do yourself.  While this page and video focuses on negotiations to downgrade your NJ disorderly conduct charge, there are ways that we can have the case dismissed entirely.  Be sure to watch our other defense strategy specific to disorderly conduct, and also read through our Top 5 Ways To Beat Any Criminal Charge series.

One possible way to fight a disorderly conduct charge in New Jersey is through a plea negotiation with the prosecutor. A disorderly conduct charge in NJ is a petty disorderly persons offense which results in a permanent criminal charge on your record if convicted along with a $500 fine, up to 30 days in county jail, and possible probation. If you have no prior record, the prosecutor may consider downgrading (amending) this criminal charge to a local ordinance (borough ordinance) violation which results in a fine and no criminal record. This is similar to a littering ticket or a noise complaint for having a party at your home. This is a great result in a case where you are facing a permanent record and significant punishment. Contact our Morristown NJ disorderly conduct lawyers now for more information at 201-556-1571.

How To Beat Disorderly Conduct Charges In NJ – Part #1.

How To Fight Disorderly Conduct Charges In NJ – Part #2.

Top 5 Ways To Beat Any Criminal Charge

Disorderly Conduct In NJ – Information Regarding Penalties and Defense

Disorderly Persons Offenses In NJ – Information Regarding Penalties and Defense

Petty Disorderly Persons Offenses In New Jersey

Our Written Page On Disorderly Conduct

Our Written Page On Disorderly Persons

Learn More About How to Fight Your Charges

If you've been charged with a criminal offense, disorderly persons offense, or traffic / DWI violation, you have the right to an attorney who will defend you against your charges and fight for your best interests. To learn more about how your attorney can fight to have your charges dismissed or reduced, click a link below to see our video library of legal defenses and strategies.

Experience You Can Trust

With unmatched knowledge and experience in the practice of law, the seasoned attorneys at The Tormey Law Firm are committed to serving their clients and tenaciously confronting the allegations against them.

We will examine every facet of your case in order to defend your constitutional rights and reputation.  

With a dedicated legal advocate to assist you, our attorneys will ensure that you are never forced to navigate the complex legal process on your own.

The Tormey Law Firm

Areas We Serve

Bergen County, Essex County, Morris County, Passaic County, Hudson County, Middlesex County, Somerset County including Morristown, Denville, Dover, Mount Olive, Parsippany, Hackensack, East Rutherford, Elmwood Park, Englewood, Fort Lee, Garfield, Lodi, Lyndhurst, Mahwah, Palisades Park, Paramus, Ridgefield Park, Saddle Brook, Teaneck, Clifton, and Wayne.


Hackensack Location

254 State Street

Hackensack, NJ 07601

  (201) 556-1570    Directions

Morristown Location

55 Madison Avenue Suite 400

Morristown, NJ 07960

  (908) 336-5008    Directions