Rutgers and Seton Hall Law Grad Travis Tormey Defends NJ Clients Charged with Crimes
Travis J. Tormey, founding partner of the Tormey Law Firm, is an experienced criminal defense lawyer who frequently represents Rutgers and Seton Hall students. Travis went to Rutgers undergrad, graduating summa cum laude. Travis also got his J.D. from Seton Hall Law School, graduating cum laude. He is still actively involved with both universities.
Travis J. Tormey Represents Rutgers and Seton Hall Students
Rutgers’ main campus is in New Brunswick. Rutgers University also has Newark and Camden locations. Meanwhile, Seton Hall’s main campus is in East Orange, while their law school is in Newark. Travis Tormey has successfully defended Rutgers students and Seton Hall students facing all manner of criminal charges, including drug crimes like simple possession of marijuana, assault offenses like simple assault, theft offenses like shoplifting, and domestic violence offenses involving threats and restraining orders. Travis also represents college students who have been cited for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) and Driving Under the Influence (DUI) in New Brunswick, East Orange, or anywhere else in New Jersey.
Mr. Tormey’s credentials as a criminal defense attorney include the following:
- Travis has successfully defended countless clients against criminal charges in superior courts and municipal courts throughout New Jersey.
- Travis used to work for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of New Jersey in the sex crimes, white collar crimes, and gang task force units.
- Prior to founding the Tormey Law Firm, Travis worked for two of the largest criminal defense law firms in the state.
- Travis knows how to help clients fight DWI and DUI charges. He is a certified operator of the Alcotest 7110 breathalyzer device. Travis is one of only a handful of NJ attorneys to be certified in the operation and maintenance of the state’s official breath-testing machine, which gives him a major advantage when he contests evidence in drunk driving cases.
- Mr. Tormey’s legal expertise has been recognized by several media outlets, including the Asbury Park Press, the Bergen Record, and the Daily Record – all of which have featured Travis in articles on criminal charges in New Jersey.
- Travis was named one of the Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 in New Jersey by the National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys. He was also named one of the Top 40 Attorneys Under 40 in the Nation by the National Trial Lawyers Association.
Tormey Law Firm Beats Criminal Charges in Bergen County, NJ
Travis J. Tormey appears in Bergen County courtrooms on a weekly basis. He is familiar with the inner workings of the Bergen County legal system and has enjoyed great success fighting criminal and DWI charges on behalf of his clients.
Here are a few recent cases that Travis has successfully handled:
- East Rutherford NJ Disorderly Conduct Charges Dropped
- Hackensack NJ Restraining Order Dismissed
- Paramus NJ Shoplifting Charges Dropped
- Travis Tormey Beats First Offense DWI Charges in Fort Lee
Travis Tormey is also well known for his YouTube videos, which provide valuable information about fighting criminal charges in Bergen County and elsewhere in New Jersey. Here are a couple of Travis’ videos on how to beat NJ criminal charges: