Sexual Assault Crimes In New Jersey
“Sex crimes are far different than most criminal charges in NJ, and it is essential to have an attorney well versed in these matters. We have the experience it takes to fight these cases in the courtroom.”
If you have been charges with sexual assault or other sex crimes in New Jersey, we will stand with you in court and fight your case. With drastic penalties for such violations in NJ, it helps to have a team of attorneys with extensive experience and success in this field. Please feel free to call our office for a free consultation.
“Travis J. Tormey is an experienced criminal defense and sexual assault lawyer who has been representing clients throughout New Jersey for years charged with sex crimes including lewdness, endangering the welfare of a child, and criminal sexual contact in Hackensack, Lodi, and Lyndhurst.
During his time at the United States Attorney’s Office, Mr. Tormey worked with the sex crimes unit on federal prosecutions. Moreover, Mr. Tormey was recently successful in having a wrongfully accused sex offender exonerated after more than a decade on Megan’s Law in the Ocean County Superior Court. Further, Mr. Tormey has also been successful numerous times in having individuals removed from Megan’s Law after 15 years of registration.
In fact, Mr. Tormey was featured in the Asbury Park Press in 2010 as a respected legal resource on Megan’s Law and he was most recently in 2012 quoted in the Bergen Record as a legal authority on luring offenses. As you can see, Mr. Tormey is an experienced sex crimes defense lawyer and he is available immediately to assist you at 201-556-1571. The initial consultation is always provided free of charge.”
Unmatched Sexual Assault and Sex Crimes Defense Credentials: Travis J. Tormey
- Worked at the US Attorney’s Office with the sex crimes unit
- Featured in the Asbury Park Press in 2010 as a legal authority on Megan’s Law
- Featured in the Bergen Record in 2012 as a legal authority on luring offenses
- One of a handful of attorneys in New Jersey who has successfully argued to have several individuals removed from Megan’s Law after fifteen (15) years
- Successfully argued a motion to vacate charges against a wrongfully accused sex offender in Ocean County. The charges were dropped.
Sex Crimes Offenses the Tormey Law Firm handles
The criminal defense lawyers at the Tormey Law Firm handle all sexually related offenses including:
- Aggravated Sexual Assault
- Criminal Sexual Contact
- Endangering the Welfare of a Child
- Failure to Register as a Sex Offender
- Luring, Enticing, or Solicitation Charges
- Prostitution or Promoting Prostitution
For a free consultation, contact our Paramus, Morristown, Hackensack, or Newark offices at 201-556-1571.